nature has it

After writing about writer’s block the other day, I did my usual. I cleaned my apartment (surprise, surprise), did laundry, responded to emails, hung out with Jon, and decided to “man up” and get over my dislike for riding in the city. I took off on my bike (Jon wanted to go for a run instead) and rode thirty miles up the Berkeley hills — to here.

hill2

View from Grizzly Peak

On the backside of the mountain, I saw these guys:

cows

Looking at San Pablo Reservoir. California has happy cows!

And then on my run down by the water last night, I saw this:

bridge3

The Bay

Nature really does have it, folks.

Tagged , , , , , , , , , ,

36 thoughts on “nature has it

1. 1EarthUnited says:

Definitely! Thanks for sharing the beauty Jess. :)

2. viewpacific says:

Tremendous! Thanks for bringing us along on your outing outside.

3. prospermind says:

Wow amazing pictures!
    What a great view… aww.. now I got itchy feet. Time to travel again and see places! :)

4. I just got back from New Zealand… I couldn’t agree with you more.

Ooooh, New Zealand, Sean? So jealous! You must post pics!!! NZ is definitely on my list of places to see.

• Oh man, you should definitely try to get out there one day Jess. Over 12/13 I was in Patagonia and thought that was impressive. The South Island might just have been better… Might.

And as for pictures, this is going to sound really strange, but I don’t take any pics when I go travelling… Don’t ask.

Oooh now you have really got my travel lust piqued.

As for the pics, ya know, sometimes I feel like they’re more of a bother than anything. Sorting through them and editing them for posts like this can be a nightmare. I suspect that that’s not your reason for not taking them, but, still… I could understand. ;)

5. Dalo 2013 says:

:-) Nice to see you explore the beauty of a new area…great shots.

6. "HE WHO" says:

The scenery looks well worth the ride!

7. ah.. so that’s why people love california so much…

California *is* a beautiful place, Sophia. Well… Parts of it are, anyway. It is a very *dry* place, too, and much of it is desert… I hated summers in El Dorado Hills, where temperatures often soar over 100 degrees in summer. I’m looking forward to experiencing the much cooler climate here in the Bay.

8. JMC813 says:

You rock Jess. Glad to see your riding and running and enjoying your new open spaces to the fullest. I too have just begun some riding and the running is on the agenda in the near future. Perhaps I will find fitness suitable for a Duathlon or two over in Folsom in the late season. Who knows. Keep Inspiring my friend.

Thanks, John. You rock, too! My bike goes with me everywhere. Running is great, too, though!! I was looking at doing the Folsom Triathlon, half Ironman distances, but I don’t think I’ll be able to pull it off.

• JMC813 says:

Finding the amount of training time and dedication to stick to it for a Half IR is just really hard to do these days. Whatever your training/ riding running endeavors are I hope they bring you much enjoyment. That goes for everything else as well of course. Be well Jess.

Thanks, John. You too.

9. Chris says:

Love it. Thanks for riding up there, shooting awesome pics and sharing. :)

Stunning photos, Jess. Nature does have it all, and it is so generous and shows off, or share, what it has to us.

Speaking of cleaning apartments, I am finally cleaning and re-doing my room and will have a picture of it for you soon (it’s been almost a year since you asked!) :)

Thanks, Mabel. If you ever come to the States, you definitely have to come to the Bay area.

And, yes, I’m looking forward to those pics! Hope you have an awesome weekend!

11. krusty1960 says:

There’s NOTHING like Mother nature to inspire you!! Great posting Pic.s, THANX!!

12. oldironhoss says:

simply awesome – now find my favorite restaurant – The Stinking Rose – and chow!

13. thejeremynix says:

Beautiful images from your bike ride! Love it.