be kind. always.

be kind..
I love this. It reminds me of my post, “I love you.” If you haven’t read it, check it out. Because it’s true. I do love you. Why wouldn’t I love you? I’m just like you.

So then the “Golden Rule” must really be true.

Image: ibelieve.com

Tagged , , , , , , ,

14 thoughts on “be kind. always.

1. Another great quote. And I remember the ‘love you’ post too.

Love this, and love you, Jess. I recently finished reading ‘The Good Life’ and the book talks about the ‘Golden Rule’. I go by this phrase, ‘Never judge others. You never know what they may be going through’. So when people tell me something or make a comment about something in general, I don’t like to read too much into it. Sure, maybe I might, but that doesn’t mean I think the other person is not in my good books.

You sound like a very kind person, Jess. And you are :)

Thank you, Mabel! I am totally with you on not judging others. Until I’ve walked in someone else’s shoes, how can I know? Besides, it’s really not for me to judge, anyway. What good does it do?

You’re very kind yourself, Mabel. Your sweet comments on all of my posts clearly show it! Hope you’re having a great Wednesday. :)

3. I HAVE read it, and it’s fantastic. One of my favorites, actually.

One of my rules of thumb: always tip your waiter–well–no matter how you think they “perform”; you don’t know what their day’s been like, so why assume it’s been any better than yours?

That’s a good rule of thumb, Vance. I’ve been a waiter, and, at $2.13/hr, I needed all of the tips I could get even though I was a newbie!!

“I love you” is one of my favorites, too. But here’s to more favorites to come!

4. Dalo 2013 says:

Great posts (this one and I love you); a simple thought to have, but can change the day/week/month/life of everyone. Wish you a good week :-)

It is a simple thought, but as we’ve said before, it is the simple things that are actually often most important. Thanks, Randall. Hope you’re having a great week, too. :)

5. Wonderful post Jess! When you think about your place on Earth, a planet with 7.15+ billion people, and your place in this unimaginably vast Universe/Multiverse, and how truly brief you are in it and on it…things are put in proper perspective. In other words, I’m 99% sure that things are a little bigger than our own ego and our temporary circumstances. :-)

Best wishes!

Glad you liked it, Professor! Your perspective is very, very true. We *are* small in the bigger picture. I just see no reason for being unkind no matter how mean someone is being to you. You have no idea what they’ve been or are going through. And showing them kindness might make a greater impact than you know.

6. Great quote. I must copy that quote into my book of quotes rightaway. :)